ELIZABETH STUART is an interdisciplinary design firm and experiential retail store based in Charleston, SC specializing in residential and commercial design services. In constant "search of beautiful," the ES team pulls inspiration from around the world to create thoughtfully designed and highly personalized environments. ELIZABETH STUART is known for a point of view that is both timeless and modern, familiar yet fresh, and always distinct with detail. ELIZABETH STUART has been in business for over 20 years and does business locally, nationally and globally.
Oversee the financial management of all aspects of ELIZABETH STUART including interior design projects (residential + commercial), the retail operations (store + garden), as well as custom ES product lines. This role will guide day-to-day accounting functions, integrate finance operations, implement forecasting and budgeting best practices, handle tax matters, and prepare financial reports to ensure organizational and financial stability. An ideal candidate is proficient in QuickBooks Online and has some experience with retail or design businesses.
- Manage accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
- Process payroll in a timely manner and oversee employee benefits.
- Ensure daily reconciliations to include bank accounts, credit cards, retail sales, and design time.
- Manage and report cashflow.
- Issue timely and complete financial reports and statements.
- Coordinate on preparation of business annual report, annual budgets, and forecasts.
- Mitigate risk by establishing controls and reporting variance to budgets.
- Enhance accuracy of company’s reported financial results.
- Ensure reported results comply with accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Maintain and enforce documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Oversee transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Provide financial analyses as needed.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org