The Elizabeth Stuart team is in constant ‘search of beautiful’. We believe life is big and good design should be honest.
Elizabeth Stuart Design creates spaces for where we live and how we live. We embrace timeless aesthetic and implement a pragmatic approach to livability and functionality all awhile delivering great style and design… just keeping it real.
Elizabeth Stuart’s flagship boutique is a little shop with big ideas. An enchanted oasis curated by Elizabeth Stuart’s principal, Elizabeth Faith, during her travels around the world, brings you the best antiques, art, jewelry and decor the globe has to offer. Surrounded by a well-appointed nursery, even the garden is filled with uncommon objects, confirming what we believe in… that life is big and beauty counts… inside and out.
We are seeking to add a new member to our design team who is professional, experienced, driven and passionate about the design industry.
The Interior Designer will assist in residential and commercial projects from initial client meetings through design development, construction, install and close out.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Clear and constant communicator
- Passion for the trade and current with new design trends
- Keen eye for design and detail
- Positive attitude
- Solution Oriented
- Strong Work ethic with the ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
- Flexibility to travel
- Ability to understand and meet deadlines
- Understanding of FF&E specifications and possess strong product and manufacturer knowledge
- Team player but can work independently and efficiently
- Takes pride in their work
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design
- 5-7 years design experience
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Proficiency in Revit
- Proficiency in SketchUP or equivalent 3D rendering program a bonus
- Proficiency in Photoshop or equivalent of 2D rendering program for presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Excel and PowerPoint.
- Manage project budgets and timelines
- Manage client expectations
- Source materials and finishes within the project budget
- Source FF&E and develop design presentations
- Develop presentation boards for conceptual and schematic design
- Develop floor plans, elevations, millwork, and construction drawings
- Work with architect partners
- Place and manage orders, budget and track deliveries
- Manage certain aspects of a project from concept development to final installation
- Assist and/or oversee project installations
If you enjoy travel, arts and, of course, design, we’d love to hear from you! This is a fantastic opportunity in a thriving city, Charleston, SC. Please include a resume, portfolio, and links to any social media platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Blog, etc) that reflect your personal aesthetic.
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply to Stacey Kinney, firstname.lastname@example.org